• How does clothing and material culture affect your self-image?
• How is your public persona, as perceived by others, different than your own self-image?
• How does the clothing you wear effect other people’s perceptions of your gender,race, and class?
• Do you think fashion and popular culture determine social norms?
• Do your choices in clothing usually project power? Why or why not?
POWER SUIT addresses these questions by inviting people from a variety of backgrounds to share their personal stories. The project demonstrates how our choices in clothing are connected to our sense of agency and our place in the world.